Where can I find that HH knot used..

  • ghman777
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2003
      Used on the clips that hold the tarp taught. I was thinking of using
      that sliding knot to tie my tarp to my own hammock support ropes
      instead of to a tree. This way I could lower my tarp alot lower in
      bad weather.
    • colonelcorn76
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2003
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "ghman777" <ghman777@y...>
        wrote:
        > Used on the clips that hold the tarp taught. I was thinking of
        using
        > that sliding knot to tie my tarp to my own hammock support ropes
        > instead of to a tree. This way I could lower my tarp alot lower in
        > bad weather.

        It's a prussik knot, something like a double larkshead or girth
        hitch. It's used pretty extensively in climbing. Check this out for
        pictures.

        http://www.ozultimate.com/canyoning/knots/prusik/

        Jim