Re: The S3 system

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2003
      Sorry to answer my own post, but Jay sent his reply to my personal
      mail box instead of to the group-- I think he just hit the wrong
      button. Anyway, I have copied below his reply along with my note to
      him.

      Youngblood

      ======================================

      Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 18:57:57 -0700 (PDT)
      From: "Dave Womble" <dpwomble@...>
      Subject: Re: S3
      To: "Jay" <cgravity@...>

      Jay, thanks for the reply. You sent this to my
      personal mail box instead of hammockcamping on Yahoo
      Groups. I think everyone on the list would like to
      read your response. Your response was to this
      message:

      or

      http://tinyurl.com/ou32

      Thanks again,
      Dave

      --- Jay <cgravity@...> wrote:
      "1- What temperature range is the factory model good for, with its
      built in sleeping pad and blanket? Do these interfere with warm
      weather conditions?"

      It is comfortable for me down into the low 50 range as is , but will
      vary person to person . It comes with a zippered lower section where
      you can add insulation- foam -clothes (leaves will work ).. We tried
      to design it for warmer weather when most people camp.

      "2- The fabric body looks to have seams. Are these strengthened and
      do they interfere with the comfort/stretch of the hammock?"

      The body is cordura for ultimate strength and the seams are what
      makes it comfortable as we have reduced the arch created by typical
      hammocks by how these seams are put together.

      "3- What is the size of your rain fly/tarp. Also the picture showing
      the rain fly makes me wonder if it is so close to the hammock body
      that it interferes when entering/exiting the hammock... is that an
      issue? It also looks as if the rain fly might be touching the bug
      netting, is that the case?"

      The rain fly is 11ft by 5ft and is not set up correctly in the
      picture . It can be tied out to make a canopy or closed up for rain
      and wind protection with velcro at the ends.

      "4- How long and how wide is the hammock body?"

      36 Inches by 90 inches

      "5- Do you have any feedback from backpackers that have used it on
      extended trips? Maybe someone who has lived out of it for weeks or
      months on end?"

      No , not yet just our own standards. Let me know if
      you want to try one out

      Jay