Re: Hammock Camping hammocking on the beach!

  • ciyd01
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 26, 2003
      But I've heard that there is the potential to see the Northern Lights
      from Washington. If so, that would make my year.

      I've actually seen eagles flying in flocks in Northern Illinois. It
      was 2 or 3 years ago and the upper midwest had an unusually cold
      December with lots of below zero days. This resulted in the river
      freezing over North of Lock and Dam 15 (the Quad Cities). So, all
      the eagles were forced south to L&D 15 to fish. The Rock river dumps
      into the Mississippi there and the eagles were fishing below the dams
      in both rivers. As you drove across the bridges, you could count
      over a dozen golden and bald eagles sitting in the trees. One
      afternoon I happened to glance up and saw a flock of about 20 eagles
      flying from the Rock to the Mississippi. Since they don't normally
      congregate in those numbers, it was quit a sight!

      Little things make me happy.
      ciyd

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, David Anderson