Re: Hanging Double with Youngblood's Sidecar

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 24 10:06 AM
      Thanks for the compliment. Yes the movement of one hammock transfers
      easily to the other, that is one reason why I called it a sidecar...
      its like you are 'riding together'. Most of the time that is a minor
      annoyance, but once you start rocking you very quickly get in sync
      with each other and that is a pretty neat experience. However, if
      someone tossed and turned all night, I don't think you would want to
      be attached to them with the sidecar. If you think about it, gravity
      is very much at work with the sidecar arrangement because you are
      pushing off against each other through the rigid struts (the hiking
      poles in my case), so any movement will be felt in both hammocks.
      It's a little like a water bed without baffles... maybe shock
      absorbers on the struts? hmmm :-)

      Youngblood