Re: GI -- "Bag of Feathers" insulation

  • Ray Garlington
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 24, 2003
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, gregg spoering <gspoerin@s...>
      wrote:
      > Ray,
      > Have you seen this down underquilt at thru-hiker?
      > http://www.thru-hiker.com/workshop.asp?subcat=5&cid=72

      Yes, I have seen that design. I think it probably works reasonably
      well for the HH, but would let air infiltrate between the HH bottom
      and the quilt in windy conditions. Also, it is complicated to build
      and less versatile than the GI configuration.

      On the plus side, the toggle-on quilt does not interfere with the
      entry or the side pulls on the HH.