Re: What happens if ridgeline snaps?

  • Lenny Nichols
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 24, 2003
      I snapped my ridgeline on my HH in the field. It still works OK; there is
      just no ridgeline to hang things from and the bug netting doesn't stay up
      as well. The hammock itself still works fine. After I got home, I called
      Tom H and he did not recommend that I try to fix or retie, but to send it
      to him.

      What I learned is that after you tie the hammock up, do not leave it in the
      snakeskins and lean on it to stretch things. It can break the ridgeline. Do
      not put your body weight on the ridgeline! The safer procedure is to tie
      out the sides and get in it. Then retie the treehugger straps if necessary.

      Lenny Nichols, PMP