RE: Hammock Camping My rig - long

  • David Chinell
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 10, 2003
      Message
      Ed:

      I got it from Brigade Quartermasters:

      Recently, I found the manufacturer's page as well:

      It's a dead simple design, but I doubt I could make one better or cheaper. I also like the Crazy Creek model that's similar in design, especially the straps.

      Bear
    • tcoug7 <tcoug7@aol.com>
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 10, 2003
        Ha! I almost forgot about him! Wow, I wonder if he uses a hammock,
        or are we safe here?

        I agree with Ed on leaving the pack on the ground. Twice out west, I
        set my pack down for a short time, and mice chewed their way into
        it. Got into my gorp, the little @#$%%^%$@!!!!

        Ed, only once I found a nosy squirrel on the hanging ropes. I wasn't
        in the hammock at the time. I'm having trouble with the pie
        tins....don't want to feel like a bird feeder out there!

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "starnescr <starnescr@y...>"

      • tcoug7 <tcoug7@aol.com>
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 10, 2003
          Sorry Marge! Let's not forget spiders from the trees too!!

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Marge Prothman" <marge@p...>

        • Ed Speer <info@speerhammocks.com>
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 10, 2003
            <tcoug7@a...> wrote:

            > Ed, only once I found a nosy squirrel on the hanging ropes. I
            wasn't
            > in the hammock at the time.

            I recently had a small bird (Carolina Wren) perch on the breather
            hole of my Pea Pod while I was inside! This was beneath the rain
            canopy! It woke me up (early dawn) and I looked out to see what it
            was. He/she only moved down to my chest and watched me closely. It
            flew away when I stuck my head all the way out. Guess it just wanted
            to check out the food potential!