Re: Hammock Camping insulation

  • Dennis Shubitowski
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2003
      Hi Steve - If you mean "Reflectix," then I have used it once previous. You can go to relectix.com and send the customer service an e-mail asking them for distributors in whatever area you are in. Alternatively, you could just call the Home Depot and ask them if they carry it. Locally here in Michigan, my Home Depot did not have it and did not even know what it was. The Lowe's across the street did carry it and that is where I bought mine. I also use this material to make cozies for my food containers which is why I originally bought it (hammocks came second!).

      I did not have any condensation issues using the Reflectix. In fact, I have had very few condensation issues in general while using my hammock. I was just got back from a weekend trip (where I slept darn blissfully after some hard hiking). My buddy slept under the extended backpacker's poncho (silnylon), and he had condensation everywhere including all over his down bag. I slept 50 feet away from him in my Hennessy w/out the fly (clear night) and had no issues at all. Of course, YMMV. ;)

      Dennis

      >>> stgga@... 09/15/03 02:24PM >>>
      Does anyone know if Home Depot in the Atlanta area carries ReflecTech
      material?

      Those of you who have used this material--
      1. Was there a condensation issue?
      2. If yes, did you come up with a solution?