RE: Hammock Camping Ed:

  • Ernest Engman
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 23, 2003

      That would be pretty dang expensive.

      Ernest Engman

      AKA SGT Rock

      sgtrock@...

      http://hikinghq.net

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Jason Sadler [mailto:chachie97@...]
      Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 8:03 PM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Hammock Camping Ed:

      Ed: (or whom else has any input)

          Have you ever made any of your hammocks out of gortex fabric?

      -Jason S

      Visit my website http://chachie.koolhost.com

    • Jason Sadler

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 23, 2003
          I thought someone in one of these groups posted their site that sells gortex for like $18 a yard.... how many yards does it take to make the base?  I have no idea that is why when I get back from my honeymoon I'm sending Ed a check.
          -Jason S

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 27, 2003
              Message
              Jason, it takes about 3-4 yards to make one of my hammocks; so the cost is important...Ed

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 27, 2003
                Message
                I'll trust the professional.  How is your single point hammock coming along?
                -Jason S

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 27, 2003
                  Message
                  Oh yeh--the single point suspension hammock I tested worked great. But my test was interrupted by a State Park ranger who objected to it being tied to a tree!  Anyway, I only had a short time and many other folks wanted to try it as well.  Will resume the testing soon...Ed

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 27, 2003
                    Message
                    Jason, I haven't posted any pics yet--Maybe this week....Ed
                    I don't see the pictures that you uploaded.

                    -Jason S

                  • Jason Sadler
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 27, 2003
                      Message
                      did you ask how else you were supposed to hang a hammock?   I don't see the pictures that you uploaded.

                      -Jason S