Re: Hammock Camping more questions about pads

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 11, 2003
      Yep Ed you are right about that, but we don't like to let that kind
      of info. out in the population, if you know what I mean. There are
      too many damn snowbirds here as it is. Really folks, it's hot and
      almost unlivable here 90% of the year! :)

      jamie

      > Jamie, I lived in Tuscon in the early 70s and even graduated from
      UA! I
      > never really intended to leave permanently, but life did lead me
      away.
      > Always hope to get back sometime. I especially remember October in
      the
      > desert--really awesome! certainly can't beat southern AZ for about
      7
      > months of the year...Ed
      >
      > Moderator
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hammockcamping

      Hammock
      > > Camping Newsletter
      > > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/Jan2003.htm
      > > Extra thick foam pads can become uncomfortable since they often
      > produce
      > > large bulges or folds. 5/8" should not be a problem--but I have
      had
      > > problems with 3/4" ones. By itself, the 5/8" pad should be good
      > down to
      > > about 40-35F--below that you'll need more bottom insulation....Ed
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hammockcamping>
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17
      05