RE: Hammock Camping Re: FW: Storm set-up

  • Chet Clocksin
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11 12:02 PM
      Youngblood,
      My tarp is 9 x 11. I usually pitch it with an 11 foot ridgeline, but in this set-up I pitch it with a 9 foot long ridgeline. Its attached to the trees about 61/2 feet up, but the actual ridgeline height off the ground is more like 5 feet. I have another photo with my brother standing next to it for reference that I could post if you want to see it.
      I have considered adding lifter tabs to the sides to pull them out a little, and I think it would help, but when inside the hammock, the sidess of the tarp do not touch the hammock. In a strong wind they probably would though.

      Chet