Re: ok.. how bout this idea for a pad

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10 4:16 PM
      I doubt if Therm-a-Rest would be interested till more hammock users
      showed interest by writing the company. I have a Therm-a-Rest pad
      that is body shaped, It is about 30 inches at the shoulders. It has
      a bag the zips to it. No longer in production. It was made by Yak
      Works but the pad says Therm-a-Rest. I have used the pasd several
      times with th top that came with it. I am afraid to use it with my
      down bags as half of the zipper is still on the pad. A pad without
      the zipper would work with different bags. Look at the second
      picture down in this report to see my bag. I have thought about
      getting a coustom down top made for it. As you can see in the
      picture (second picture down in the report)the bag has very little
      loft.

      http://tinyurl.com/ivmn

      Coy Boy PS the D.A.M. form Stevenson is shaped similar and better
      for really cold weather. From the few I have heard from that have
      tried the D.A.M. it is a great idea but inflating is slow and the
      valve on one guys leaked. He patched it somhow and it works fine.
      I believe our own list founder Ed has one.

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "ghman777" <ghman777@y...>