LONG - Re: Oh Boy, Cold Wars II, winding up!

  • o123david
    Message 1 of 57 , Sep 8, 2003
      Thank you very much for your lengthy and clear explanation.
      I think I understand it all but am not convinced that the forced
      convection does not force cold air at least partway into the foam,
      causing the loss of some of the insulating value of the closed-cell
      foam itself.
      I have to get out and experiment.

      I did not properly describe my alternative hammock idea. It is a
      single layer hammock. The material used to make the hammock consists
      of three parallel strips of material. Two strips of windproof
      material with a strip of uncoated material in between, sort of like
      two red stripes on the flag with a white stripe in between.
      Since the stripes go from end to end it seems that the strength of
      the hammock would not be compromised. The stripes would of course be
      sewn together. The purpose is to have windproof material along the
      sides and breathable material below (to control condensation).

      Does this idea make any sense to anybody.
      Thanks for any feedback. --David
    • Thomas Peltier
      Message 57 of 57 , Sep 12, 2003

        Looks very nice.