Hammock Camping Re: Oh Boy, Cold Wars II, winding up!

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 57 , Sep 7 11:20 AM
      Would be nice if it came in bigger sheets but from the prices who
      could afford it. The cheapest .5" 24'x24' pad was $77 and the most
      expensive 1" pad was $147. No mention of weight. But being
      breathable it sounds like a fancy open cell pad enginered for
      softness as opposed to warmth.

      The Yoga pads I have seen in wal-mart etc art thin but heavy. A big
      factor in any insulation is thickness. That is why down is
      considered a superior insulation to most synthetic insulators. But
      I could see whare a heavy thin pad would be warmer than a thicker
      lighter pad, depending on how effective it was at stoping the three
      heat robbers Dave just mntioned.

      Coy Boy

      <bfornshell@y...> wrote:
      > Hi, Does anyone know anything about this stuff? Is it
      > something new or just a new package? "Supracor" at
      >
      > http://www.supracor.com/honeycombsheets or
      >
      > Click on Lifestyle at the top of the page, they sell
      > what they call a Yoga Mat that is 24" x 68" x 1/4".
      > Bill in Texas

      > http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • Thomas Peltier
      Message 57 of 57 , Sep 12 12:00 PM