RE: Hammock Camping insulation question

  • David Chinell
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4 11:40 AM
      Michael:

      There are so many variables that you're really going to need
      to experiment to determine your own requirements. I keep a
      "Temperature List" that I'm constantly refining in light of
      new equipment and experience. It's based on Ed's list, and
      goes in ten-degree (F) increments, listing the gear I need
      for each range.

      Personally, I don't drop down to a single layer of 3/8-inch
      foam until it's 45-55 degrees F. Lower than that, I use Ed's
      Pea Pod bag and combinations of pads.

      Don't forget accessories for your head and feed. That's
      where I lose a lot of my heat.

      Bear