Re: Hammock Camping just got back...

  • Steve McBride
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2003
      bc,

      I'm planning on doing just the reverse of your route in late October. Tell me more about why you disliked the horse trails and where they were bad. Which sites did you stay in that were so nasty? I did Miry Ridge trail last year as part of a loop and it was quite muddy and chewed up--it rained everyday that trip too. Maybe I need to reconsider my route to eliminate some horse trail.

      Steve M
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2003
        Hey Steve,
        Actually, to answer your q, I dont think I'd ever want to camp at any horse camp again. It may sound some snooty but i just dont care for it. Its ok for the horse folks i'm sure. But i like to go to more pristine areas that are more untouched by human (and horse) influence. So.. horse trails mostly are pretty rough to hike, especially with all the rain we've had. Now, I'm seeing that northern GSMNP has more trails restricted to 2 footed creatures only.

        Do you Yahoo!?