Re: Insulation suit - Perhaps another snake oil remedy- cont

  • Matthew Takeda
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2003
      The whole purpose of having the down in it is to stop the air from moving
      around. If the down didn't expand to fill the space and stop the air from
      circulating, it wouldn't be any better than an ordinary air mattress.

      It is possible to overinflate a D.A.M., though, and if you did that you
      could open up enough space for the air to move around above the down.

      dunangus73 wrote:
      >Yes, the D.A.M.!I was thinking about that this weekend. Do they work
      >well? What I understand from reading about the Stephenson D.A.M. is
      >that you may still need a pad underneath it. Too much air circulating
      >beneath you.

      - Matthew Takeda
      - the JOAT