Re: Hammock Camping more questions about pads

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2003
      Thanks Ed. I will go back and re-read the Jan newsletter and also
      think about picking up your book. The folding or bulging is not
      really a problem since I wont be actuall on the pad. I have made a
      wind and water resistant outer shell for my hammock which will hold
      the pad under me.
      Arizonan's are alwasy anxious for our long hot summer to end and
      cooler temps to return to the valley, but I am especially looking
      forward to the fall and winter this year for testing purposes! :)

      Thanks again for everyone input and I love this group.
      Jamie in AZ

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3, 2003
        Message
        Jamie, I lived in Tuscon in the early 70s and even graduated from UA!  I never really intended to leave permanently, but life did lead me away.  Always hope to get back sometime.  I especially remember October in the desert--really awesome!  certainly can't beat southern AZ for about 7 months of the year...Ed

        Moderator

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 11, 2003
          Yep Ed you are right about that, but we don't like to let that kind
          of info. out in the population, if you know what I mean. There are
          too many damn snowbirds here as it is. Really folks, it's hot and
          almost unlivable here 90% of the year! :)

          jamie

          > Jamie, I lived in Tuscon in the early 70s and even graduated from
          UA! I
          > never really intended to leave permanently, but life did lead me
          away.
          > Always hope to get back sometime. I especially remember October in
          the
          > desert--really awesome! certainly can't beat southern AZ for about
          7
          > months of the year...Ed
          >
          > Moderator
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hammockcamping