hammock success

  • gregg spoering
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2003
      Ed,
      Just wanted to drop a line to you and the group that this past weekend I did an overnight with my younger son (9)and
      some friends. He got to sleep in his new Speer hammock for the first time (used a Kelty fly for him, haven't had a
      chance to make the silnylon one) and had a great time. It was raining off and on, so he barely left it after we set it
      up. As a matter of fact, he shared it with a friend for most of the time, sitting, swinging and eating dinner. I threw
      a z rest in it for bedtime, and with a light sleeping bag as a quilt, he slept through the night comfortably with
      temps in the low 60's. I on the other hand was a bit dense, having left my pad at home expecting temps in the 70's,
      and woke up several times during the night to shift my cool bottom around!
      Anyway, I believe we've converted a few people who were with us and they are anxious to make their own now.
      Best
      Gregg
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2003
        Message
        Thanks for the report Gregg--always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to hear folks are enjoying my hammocks so much!  I too was out this weekend with Karen and we snuggly survived heavy rain with thunder and lightening with our two hammocks side by side--my trip report will be in the September Newsletter (Yes, it will be a few days late this month--but it is coming soon!).  All the best on your next trip Gregg....Ed