Re: Hammock Camping Insulation suit - Perhaps another snake oil remedy- cont

  • dunangus73
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
      <bfornshell@y...> wrote:
      > Hi dunangus73, ...Make your Jumpsuit with a mix of Down and
      > Packing Peanuts, the Down to keep you warm and the
      > Packing Peanuts to keep the Down from compressing. Do
      > I think the Packing Peanuts would work, that is not
      > the point. I do think if there was something you could
      > mix in with the Down so it would not compress flat
      > your idea might work. The Packing Peanuts like stuff
      > could be your first test to see if the idea would
      > work. Then maybe you could find something better to
      > use that would provide the bulk necessary to let the
      > Down work. I will try it if you don't want to. Bill
      >

      > Bill, go for it! Please experiment away. I won't have the time for
      a while. But, you got to proomise to give me a 10% discount when you
      sell it!)What got me thinking about it was that we're floating in an
      alien environment above the ground when we're in ahammock, so that's
      why I started to think about a wet suit. You wouldn't be able to stay
      on a pad underwater, and since I thrash so much at night when I
      sleep, I have a similar problem using pads in hammocks and tents.

      Take care,
      Dun
    • Thomas Peltier
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3, 2003

        If to much air in the system is a problem with the D.A.M. then light underinflating may help

        Yes, the D.A.M.!I was thinking about that this weekend. Do they work
        well? What I understand from reading about the Stephenson D.A.M. is
        that you may still need a pad underneath it. Too much air circulating
        beneath you. The ability to inflate it would solve the packability
        problem, though. I thought of the closed-cell foam and the fleece
        over it. Maybe that would just be for very cold weather use..Either
        way,I don't think we'd be winning fashion awards, but it may work.

        .