Re: Jerrys Self-Tensioners

  • colonelcorn76
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2003
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Laurie" <roocraw4d@h...>
      wrote:
      > I was looking at the pics that are posted. Is that the original
      tie
      > out cord that came with the Hennessy fly, or did you replace it
      with
      > something else. My tie outs are very thin and a pain in the butt.

      The ones in the picture are the original ones. I've wound them
      around plastic sewing machine bobbins to help contain the cords when
      they're not tied out 'cause otherwise I always seem to get them
      tangled.

      I use these self-tensioners on my son's hammock too and for his we
      replaced the Hennessey cord with TripTease. Before the TripTease we
      had mason's twine (the good stuff not the twisted kind --- you'll
      find it in the masonry/tile/concrete tools aisle rather than the
      cordage aisle of your Home Depot or hardware store...the good stuff
      is braided & not twisted). The mason's twine was about twice as
      thick as the stock cord but the TripTease reflects flashlights
      whereas the twine is just a really bright color.

      Jim