Re: Clark's Jungle Hammock

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2003
      Skylander Jack,

      Glad to see that someone that posts on this board has this hammock.
      I have been curious about it as I think it was designed specifically
      to be a cold weather hammock. Will be looking forward to your
      experience with it, especially in cold weather, please take a
      thermometer with you. Have be real curious about the bottom pockets
      and how well they work as insulation. What part of the country do
      you live/camp in?

      Youngblood

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Bror8588@A... wrote:
      > I have the Deluxe Model with the extra large fly which I began
      using a week
      > ago. It is extremely easy to set up. It has complete screening
      and even a
      > storm shield besides the large fly. I got the deluxe model mainly
      because of
      > weight capacity and the extra large fly because of discussion on
      this medium in
      > terms of rain and wind shield.
      >
      > There are six pockets on the underside of the hammock which provide
      for added
      > insulation in cold temperatures. These provide a convenient place
      to retrieve
      > items one might need if temperatures drop during the night and a
      sweatshirt
      > or other warmer clothing is required.
      >
      > The idea of a ridgeline inside the hammock is a good one. I will
      have to see
      > where it can be attached. My first night in my Clark's Jungle
      Hammock I set