Re: Clark's Jungle Hammock

  • hdnat
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 28, 2003
      I have the Ultralight model and use it with a Big Agnes sleeping bag
      and either a thermarest or blue foam pad. My favrite feature is the
      loop at the head of the hammock that I can grab to reposition myself
      in the hammock. The ultralight only has one set of pockets under the
      shoulder area of the hammock. I use the pocket on the side I'm
      entering through for my boots, a water bottle, and the hammock's
      stuff sack, the other side gets the sleeping bag stuff sack, anything
      I had in my pockets, and other miscellaneous junk.

      I added a ridgeline inside the hammock to hang my headlamp and
      glasses from. I've also considered making a down or primaloft
      overquilt/underquilt combo, but have been so satisfied with the Big
      Agnes in the hammock that I've never taken the time. Having a pad
      seems to help with sleeping on my side, but I have gone without the
      no pad in warm weather, using a lightweight fleece blanket and been
      comfortable.

      If I was replacing this hammock, I would get the same model with the
      XL fly.

      Sgt. Rock has a comparison review of the Clark and the Hennessy on
      his site (www.hikinghq.net).

      dn