Jerrys Self-Tensioners

  • Laurie
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 2003
      I was looking at the pics that are posted. Is that the original tie
      out cord that came with the Hennessy fly, or did you replace it with
      something else. My tie outs are very thin and a pain in the butt.
    • colonelcorn76
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 29, 2003
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Laurie" <roocraw4d@h...>
        wrote:
        > I was looking at the pics that are posted. Is that the original
        tie
        > out cord that came with the Hennessy fly, or did you replace it
        with
        > something else. My tie outs are very thin and a pain in the butt.

        The ones in the picture are the original ones. I've wound them
        around plastic sewing machine bobbins to help contain the cords when
        they're not tied out 'cause otherwise I always seem to get them
        tangled.

        I use these self-tensioners on my son's hammock too and for his we
        replaced the Hennessey cord with TripTease. Before the TripTease we
        had mason's twine (the good stuff not the twisted kind --- you'll
        find it in the masonry/tile/concrete tools aisle rather than the
        cordage aisle of your Home Depot or hardware store...the good stuff
        is braided & not twisted). The mason's twine was about twice as
        thick as the stock cord but the TripTease reflects flashlights
        whereas the twine is just a really bright color.

        Jim