Re: Re:Hammock Camping & Guns/off topic

  • Carl Iobst
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 24 2:37 PM
      Steve,
      For the Hazel creek outing in June we took the
      shuttle from the Fontana boat dock. For the Deep
      creek trip (last Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday) I started
      from the top (Hwy 441 2 miles below Newfound gap) &
      walked down to Deep creek camp ground where I had
      parked my vehicle. I saw one person that first morning
      (they were hiking up to the top) & two people just
      before lunch on Tuesday. Totally alone for two nights!
      No rain any of the three days which is suprising for
      the Smokies. The H&H Explorer Ultralite
      A-Sym was very comfortable despite using big trees to
      tie off to. Had to tie tighter w/ less dip to the
      hammock. For next outting will take less food & Aleve
      pain/anti-inflammatories.

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com