Re: Egg crate foam pad

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16, 2003
      Jim,

      I don't recall that anyone here has mentioned using the yellow/gray
      combo pad, it is a thin layer of CLOSED cell foam bonded to a thicker
      layer of 'egg crated' OPEN cell foam. I would stay away from that
      unless you have a specific application for it as the open cell foam
      will soak up water. I have always seen the Target/Greatland blue pad
      packaged in a cardboard box, just big enough for the rolled up
      3/8x24x72" pad to fit in and it was always located with or near their
      sleeping bags.

      Youngblood

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Jim & Marlis Greenway"
      <greenway@b...> wrote:
      > I've seen a number of folks mention using the "grippy" egg crate
      foam pads
      > from Wal-Mart. I went to purchase one today but actually found two
      models.
      > One is a thinner blue closed cell "egg crate pad" and the other is
      a combo
      > yellow open cell foam pad with a backer. The yellow one looks much
      more like
      > the "egg crate" foam that I'm accustomed to. Regardless, I can't
      find the
      > Target one at the local store. Which model are we talking about?
      Jim G.