Re: Sleeping bag entry in a hammock

  • colonelcorn76
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 12, 2003
      <pjbucca@c...> wrote:

      > > area. Has anyone devised a method of getting into their bag in
      a HH
      > > that minimizes wear and tear on the bag?
      > > Thanks, Paul

      Here's how I do it. I put the bag in the hammock diagonally running
      from the head to foot so when I'm standing in the Hennessey's
      opening looking at the head end the bag runs from my right (at the
      head) past my left side to the foot. Then I unzip the bag pretty
      much all the way down and push the top layer of the bag over to the
      right side against the netting/hammock body. Then I turn around to
      face the foot of the hammock, do a skootching sit onto the hammock.
      (I tie mine higher then Hennessey recommends so I get good height on
      the fly for working under and that leaves the hammock body just
      about at waist level which requires a kind of small hop & skootch
      backwards to get in.)

      I am now sitting on my bag's inner bottom surface with the top
      pushed over to my left. I bring my feet up & in and swing them over
      to the right. I slide back a bit toward the head end of the hammock
      & bag. Then I slip my feet into the sleeping bag, sit up, pull the
      top over and zip as far as I need laying down as the zipper makes
      its way up the side.

      If I'm using it as a quilt, I just shove the whole thing to the side
      and pull it over me after I stick my feet into the footbox.

      No sweat.

      Jim