Speaking of light

  • cmcrooker
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 9, 2003
      I posted earlier about using a poncho as a canopy. Thanks for the
      answers! How about going in the other direction and putting a hood
      in a Hennessy canopy?

      Also, has anyone ordered a hennessy without the bug netting? I
      don't run into a lot of bugs, knock on wood. I was wondering if teh
      netting served otehr purposes besides bugs, like keeping some wind
      blown spray out.

      BTW, I don't have a hammock yet, but will get my first chance to
      sleep in one overnight (a Hennessy) next week. Can't wait to see if
      it really does the trick for my tender back and hips!
      Carol
    • amy
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 9, 2003
        On Saturday, August 9, 2003, at 09:19 AM, cmcrooker wrote:

        > Also, has anyone ordered a hennessy without the bug netting? I
        > don't run into a lot of bugs, knock on wood. I was wondering if teh
        > netting served otehr purposes besides bugs, like keeping some wind
        > blown spray out.

        Doesn't do much for spray, but it will keep snow out.

        > BTW, I don't have a hammock yet, but will get my first chance to
        > sleep in one overnight (a Hennessy) next week. Can't wait to see if
        > it really does the trick for my tender back and hips!

        I think you're going to be very pleased. :)

        -amy
      • firefly

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 9, 2003
            I live in Arizona. I also backpack in the Sierras, but have only
            had one really buggy trip there. I'll post to let you all know how
            my night in the hammock went.
            Carol

            > Where are you that there are no bugs? I want to move there, LOL.
            If you
            > don't need bug protection you can throw up any old hammock, run a
            ridge line
            > above it, throw a tarp over that, and you're set. I have a Hammock
            Bliss
            > double set up on the front porch. I love it! Parachute nylon. If
            it were
            > cool enough I could nap in it. Just a couple more months....They
            sell them
            > in Campmor now. Marsanne
            >

            > Also, has anyone ordered a hennessy without the bug netting? I
            > don't run into a lot of bugs, knock on wood. I was wondering if
            teh
            > netting served otehr purposes besides bugs, like keeping some
            wind
            > blown spray out.
          • chcoa
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 10, 2003
              Carol, I didn't realize you were in AZ too. Although I probably have
              read that from other posts on other lists we are on together. I have
              a HH and it works great. I don't have any proof, but I think the
              netting helps with warmth just a bit. I also like the no see-up
              properties and I feel a little more enclosed, kind of tent like. I'm
              a recent convert and am still getting used to the differences between
              tents and hammocks.

              I'm sure you will enjoy your night in the HH. I have hip and knee
              probs when I tent no matter the pad size and they are pretty much non-
              existant in the hammock.

              Jamie in AZ

              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "cmcrooker" <cmcrooker@w...>

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 2, 2003
                --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "firefly" <firefly@e...> wrote:

                > I have a Hammock Bliss double set up on the front porch. I love it!
                Parachute nylon. If it were cool enough I could nap in it. Just a
                couple more months....They sell them in Campmor now.
                Marsanne

                Marsanne, can you add any more info on your Bliss Hammock? Dov
                Frazer, designer of the Bliss, recently sent me one, but I haven't
                had time to try it yet, although I've been interested in the Bliss
                for some time. Can you provide the dimensions, weight, ropes or
                straps, etc. Dov reports he also offers a bugnet as accessory and
                may soon offer a rain canopy--that would make it suitable as a
                camping hammock, if it is comfortable enough. It certainly is light
                enough and the price is right. His web site is:
                http://www.hammockbliss.com

                Ed