Skip to search.

Re: Hammock Camping Re: Question for Rick/Risk

  • Steve McBride
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2003
      Rick,

      Thanks for the feedback. Your weight tests help a lot.

      You are right, I like the design a lot. My first one was of the heavier 1.9
      oz. nylon because it was available locally. Then I ordered some 1.1 oz from
      OWF and repeated the construction. After demonstrating them for my Dad this
      past weekend, he became very interested. We plan to try them on our annual
      father-son trip, scheduled this year in late October in the GSMNP. My
      brother is going, so I'll need a third hammock. He's also bigger than either
      of us (thus the question about the wider hammock).

      Thanks again,

      Steve M