Pad materials: was Re: Big pads

  • ciyd01
    Message 1 of 67 , Aug 7, 2003
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "dshuby" <shubitow@c...> wrote:
      > This pad however, really wraps around you and is about
      > impossible to move around inside the hammock. Other pads I've tried
      > have been too slippery and not insulative enough

      I've been doing some searching for the material that is used on the
      ThermaRest and similar products. This is a decent compomise of
      sticky and slick. I haven't been successful in finding any that I
      could buy. Does anyone here know of where one could purchase a non-
      slip, heatsealable fabric like the Staytek?

      If this material were bonded to one side of a blue foam pad, that pad
      wouldn't slide around on the hammock fabric but would allow the
      sleeper to move around without feeling glued into place.

      Just an idea.

      ciyd
    • Coy
      Message 67 of 67 , Aug 25, 2003
        But just think. The ultimate under quilt. If you could just get the
        bear to stay there all night.

        Coy Boy

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "dunangus73"