RE: Trease

  • colonelcorn76
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2003
      I followed up on an earlier posting about the Trease
      (http://www.trease.biz) to see if the maker had thought about making
      it lighter (the 2 person is 12 pounds!) or if there was a way to
      extract the floor from the tent portion so I could use it as
      a "flying floor" for a tarp...

      No go on either score (yet). But there's a new model called the
      Flying Bivy which is now in the 5/6 lb range (still heavy to my
      Hennessey conditioned sensibilities). The guy who invented them
      (Tim) suggested hanging it upside down to see how it worked as a
      tarp floor and then cutting off the bivy tent to see if that worked.
      The guy's got an open mind anyway.

      I'm going to go ahead and give the flying bivy a shot for an
      upcoming week-long base camp (assuming I can get it in time) and
      will keep folks posted. There may be a way to use that floor concept
      without the weight.

      At any rate, it's good to see that ingenuity & creativity isn't dead.

      Jim