Re: Pack Hanging Methods

  • Risk
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7 9:11 AM
      Hi Jack,

      I only have a dozen or so nights on the AT to bring to the table. I
      put my food in an Ursack. I tie the Ursack to the fork of a tree and
      then prop it upside down so the rain will run off the top instead of
      into the top. If I am at a shelter that is not too crowded, I will
      hang my ursack from one of the nails in the shelter to keep it dry.

      I usually put my pack on the ground under my hammock. I have no food
      it it and have not been bothered with rodents. I put my shoes into
      the pack in case there is a rainstorm. It will keep them fairly dry.

      For those with more experience: I have not hiked through porcupine
      country yet (as far as I know). Where does it start on the AT? PA
      somewhere? and how far north does it go? Was I in porky country when
      I went to the Whites of NH a few weeks ago??

      Rick