Re: Hammock Camping Experiments -- long

  • dchinell
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2003
      Ed:

      Geez, I'm sorry to hear that about a park I enjoy. It really must
      depend on the personality of the ranger you encounter. I pitched my
      hammocks in several places, including the edge of the forest just
      behind the cabin. It wasn't obvious, but it was clearly visible to
      anyone who looked. I guess the "wrong" ranger just never looked.

      Stealth is important. And that makes LNT doubly important.

      Bear

      > BTY, that's the same state park that made me take down my hammock
      which was hung from the trees in the yard of one of the cabins last
      year--the ranger was very abrasive and rude, even threathing to kick
      us out of the cabin--he was most unhappy about a hammock tied to a
      tree in his park and would not listen to any reasoning!