Re: Hammock Camping Shoulder squeeze

  • ghman777
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2003
      I just ordered a hammock that is 55X118. Hope that makes the dif.
      thanx for the replys.-

      -- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Chester Clocksin
      <cclocksin@a...> wrote:
      > Just throwing this out there in case you haven't considered it.
      Make sure your head end is not too close to the end of the hammock.
      Ed's advice about a longer hammock is the best way to make sure of
      this, but if you've used a standard size HH and had problems with
      shoulder squeeze, you may need to move "down" a bit in the hammock. I
      typically slide my upper body closer the center of the hammock, not
      all the way to the center of course, but sliding down somewhat gives
      the shoulders more room. I'm the same height, and a little heavier.
      Good luck,

      > Chet
      >
      > Ed Speer <info@s...> wrote:
      > Yes, I do make a longer hammock, so does Hennessy. But your height
      and weight don't suggest it's needed, unless the hammocks you've used
      in the past were uncommonly short, which seems unlikely. Do you know
      the actual lengths of the hammocks in question? I'm be out of town
      tomorrow but will respond again on Wednesday....Ed

      Even

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3625325.4914071.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17
      > 05
      > > 065843:HM/A=1695348/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-
      > bin/hi
      > > t?page=1374-105951838331032> click here
      > >
      > > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
      > M=259538.3625325.4914071.1261774/D=egrou
      > > pmail/S=:HM/A=1695348/rand=780352224>

      Service

      Service.