Re: Experiments -- long

  • dchinell
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5 9:11 AM
      Marsanne:

      I was a poor scientist on my vacation. I failed to bring a
      thermometer, so I don't know how cold it was. I'd estimate that it
      was no colder than the high-sixties.

      By "between the layers" I refer to the construction of the Tropical
      Hammock. It has two layers, sewn together at the ends and along one
      edge. It has a casing at either end, through which a cord is passed
      to suspend the hammock.

      I slip the pad between the layers. I think this is probably the
      ideal configuration for using a pad.

      Bear
    • dchinell
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6 6:53 AM
        Ed:

        Geez, I'm sorry to hear that about a park I enjoy. It really must
        depend on the personality of the ranger you encounter. I pitched my
        hammocks in several places, including the edge of the forest just
        behind the cabin. It wasn't obvious, but it was clearly visible to
        anyone who looked. I guess the "wrong" ranger just never looked.

        Stealth is important. And that makes LNT doubly important.

        Bear

        > BTY, that's the same state park that made me take down my hammock
        which was hung from the trees in the yard of one of the cabins last
        year--the ranger was very abrasive and rude, even threathing to kick
        us out of the cabin--he was most unhappy about a hammock tied to a
        tree in his park and would not listen to any reasoning!