RE: Hammock Camping Shoulder squeeze

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4, 2003
      Message
      Yes, I do make a longer hammock, so does Hennessy.  But your height and weight don't suggest it's needed, unless the hammocks you've used in the past were uncommonly short, which seems unlikely.  Do you know the actual lengths of the hammocks in question?  I'm be out of town tomorrow but will respond again on Wednesday....Ed

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2003
        Just throwing this out there in case you haven't considered it. Make sure your head end is not too close to the end of the hammock. Ed's advice about a longer hammock is the best way to make sure of this, but if you've used a standard size HH and had problems with shoulder squeeze, you may need to move "down" a bit in the hammock. I typically slide my upper body closer the center of the hammock, not all the way to the center of course, but sliding down somewhat gives the shoulders more room. I'm the same height, and a little  heavier. Good luck,

        Chet

      • ghman777
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 5, 2003
          I just ordered a hammock that is 55X118. Hope that makes the dif.
          thanx for the replys.-

          -- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Chester Clocksin
          <cclocksin@a...> wrote:
          > Just throwing this out there in case you haven't considered it.
          Make sure your head end is not too close to the end of the hammock.
          Ed's advice about a longer hammock is the best way to make sure of
          this, but if you've used a standard size HH and had problems with
          shoulder squeeze, you may need to move "down" a bit in the hammock. I
          typically slide my upper body closer the center of the hammock, not
          all the way to the center of course, but sliding down somewhat gives
          the shoulders more room. I'm the same height, and a little heavier.
          Good luck,

          > Chet
          >
          > Ed Speer <info@s...> wrote:
          > Yes, I do make a longer hammock, so does Hennessy. But your height
          and weight don't suggest it's needed, unless the hammocks you've used
          in the past were uncommonly short, which seems unlikely. Do you know
          the actual lengths of the hammocks in question? I'm be out of town
          tomorrow but will respond again on Wednesday....Ed

          Service

          Service.