a new convert has been made

  • robi dawson
    Message 1 of 28 , Aug 1, 2003
      Folks,

      a friend was over yesterday and intrigued by my hammocking story from the
      summer.

      She asked to see the hammock in action.

      well, what's a boy to do?

      i hung the hammock, she climbed in, of course only after 3 of her kids and
      two of mine tried it out.

      She now wants to go on any and all camping, canoeing trips we go on because
      a hammock is comfortable and tents are not... see tents and uncomfy nights
      have been keeping her away from enjoying the outdoors for years...

      Robi
    • amy
      Message 2 of 28 , Aug 2, 2003
        On Saturday, August 2, 2003, at 01:37 AM, Jamie wrote:

        > I think that's awsome you guys are making a commitment to weight
        > loss. Better health is certainly a added bonus to that. My problem
        > is more the middle. I hate ab exercises with a passion.
        > Any exercise tips for that all you skinny hammockers???

        I hate them too. I think the best way to exercise your abs
        is to find an activity which you like which also exercises them.
        Like aikido. Or horseback riding. (In my case.) :)

        I am not a winter person so in winter I go to a gym to get
        my exercise, but the rest of the year I like to get it while
        having fun.

        -amy
      • Risk
        Message 3 of 28 , Aug 2, 2003
          > i hung the hammock, she climbed in, of course only after 3 of her
          kids and
          > two of mine tried it out.
          >
          > She now wants to go on any and all camping, canoeing trips we go on
          because
          > a hammock is comfortable and tents are not...

          Great story Robi!!

          Risk