Re: Single Point

  • Ed Speer <info@speerhammocks.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2003
      "Jason Sadler" <chachie97@h...> wrote:
      > How do you hang the single point? how does it effect the rain
      tarp? I am trying to envision the setup but I'm not having any luck

      > -Jason S

      It is a bit hard to envision, but the entire hammock hangs from a
      single central rope. There are 6 straps (3 on ea side of hammock,
      equally spaced along the sides); they all come to a common point
      overhead and end in a common loop that is tied off to the hanging
      rope. The hanging rope is simply thrown over a horizontal tree limb
      and the loose end then tied off to the tree trunk. The hard part to
      believe is that the hammock actually hangs horizontally--but it
      does! I'll try and post a picture in a few days....Ed