Re: Desolation Wilderness Report

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2003
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "o123david" <o123david@y...>
      wrote:

      > The solution that works for me is to use the normal pad below and
      bag
      > or down blanket above but add something to block the wind. When
      > needed, just add a ring of thin polyethylene hanging from duct tape
      > that hangs from the two ends of your hammock where the cords or
      > straps come out. If the ring of duct tape is the right length it
      sags as the hammock sags and blocks the wind where it should be
      blocked. You don't have a moisture problem because you still have
      cool dry air coming up from below and warm air exiting above carrying
      the moisture
      > away. It's lightweight and doesn't block the entrance of either a
      > Hennessy or Speer.
      >
      > Hope you find this helpful. --David

      David, can you offer a better description of your polyethylene rings
      w/ duct tape? This sounds interesting, but I can't envision it. Does
      the poly sheeting go completely under the hammock? Do you have any
      photos? Thanks....Ed