RE: Hammock Camping Sleeping Pad.

  • David Chinell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 19, 2003
      Message
      Marge:

      I kind of wondered about that -- whether you'd be warmer just sleeping on the ground. I only have one experience of comparing the two.

      I was beside a lake once, and it was too cold to sleep in my HH, so I got out and prepared to spend the rest of the night sitting on a rock. The rock was still warm from the day, but a bit hard, so I got my pad out. Gradually, I migrated lower and lower until I was on the pad on the ground with my quilt on top. It felt warmer. It was warm enough to sleep, anyway.

      Does anybody have any experience that convinces them that in identical (or the same) situations it's warmer on the ground?

      Bear