Re: Hammock Camping cleaningStraps?

  • karens62@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2003
      In a message dated 7/26/2003 11:10:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, firefly@... writes:

      Mine have sap patches from the trees and I know this cannot be good for them.

      I'm not sure the sap would "harm" them, just makes them collect dirt and the sap gets all over everything. Try rubbing the straps with vegetable oil or peanut butter. You mgiht have to put the oil on and let it sit for a few minutes before you try rubbing it off. After the sap has dissolved a bit, just good old soap and water should work just fine.

      Karen