skeeters

  • canoetrip_2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2003
      I am reading some of the posts I missed while I was gone. The ones
      about the skeeter bites through the hammock...to tolerate that many
      bites....ouch! I "Permethrined" the living dickens out of my
      Hennessy Explorer Ultralight A-Sym before I took off. I paid special
      attention to the underside of the hammock, more about worrying about
      skeeters sneaking through the slit while I was going in and out.
      Never occurred to me they could bite through that fabric. I lightly
      sprayed the netting, but not the parts where my face might touch. I
      sleep on the right side diagonally, and I do not stake out the
      hammock, so that means my face is up against the inside of the
      fabric, not the netting. I also slept on the pad configuration I
      mentioned. I was SOOOOO COMFORTABLE. Marsanne