Re: Random thoughts

  • Jamie
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17 11:40 PM
      >I heard on tv the other day that humans were the only
      > animals that didnt learn anything from their parents...

      That's totally not true. My mom used to do that gross thing where
      she's lick her thumb or finger to "clean" something off my or my
      sisters face all the time when I was a child. Now I do the same
      thing to my son. I even tried not to do it, but it's so learned I do
      it without thinking sometime.

      Jamie in AZ

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ross" <rosshike2002@y...>
      wrote:
      > --I had a double bottom jungle hammock in vietnam in 1966..your
      right
      > nothing new...I heard on tv the other day that humans were the only
      > animals that didnt learn anything from their parents...think thats
      so
      > in this case ;.)
      > Ross
      >

      > - In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Coy" <starnescr@y...> wrote:
      > > Hi gang, Just getting caught up on the list. Sounds like
      everyone
      > > is having fun. I camped out Sat night in my HH Expidetion and
      didnt
      > > get any bites. It sure was hot enough and the nats were trying
      > > get in my eyes when I was outside my hammock. I've been meaning
      > > spray ny netting with permethrin but havent yet. I think the
      > > material on the Expedition is way airier (looser weave) than my
      > > original but so far no bites in either. I was off my pad till
      about
      > > 4 AM in places as I was seeing how cool I would need a pad of
      some
      > > type. I kinda just slept beside on on my sleeping bag/pad They
      are
      > > intergrated anyway. A small storm woke me up at 4 AM and I felt
      > > cool enouth to get on the pad and under the unzipped bag. It was
      73
      > > when I got home and I doubt it got much belowe 70. I don't doubt
      you
      > > Dave, I just havent gotten bitten yet.
      > >
      > > I see several post about Rick inventing the double bottom
      hammock.
      > > I remember posting and seeing post on double bottom homemade
      > > hammocks from as far back as 2 or three years ago on BPL. I dont
      > > care if he is given credit for inventing it but like most things
      > > nowdays, truly inovative things are few and far between. Mostly
      > > just a rebirth of an old idea with perhaps an improvement. I
      will
      > > say I have not heard of a ridgless bug netting but I'v seen and
      read
      > > of them hung many ways in tarp camping so Rick may have well
      > > invented that but I'll bet someone else has invented it too. .
      I'll