RE: Hammock Camping Re: Bitten through HH body

  • Shane
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 16, 2003
      > Wow! Props to Shane for sacrificing himself for our
      > benefit. You sure are storing up that Karma! Chigger
      > bites for science is a BIG sacrifice.

      Tell me about it... ;)

      > Your report indicated that you still had some
      > reservations ("paranoia" I believe you called it) about
      > using Permethrin at the end of the testing period. Is
      > that still the case? Do you prefer the lighter
      > concentration even now?

      Not really. I learned after the test that once it dries it doesn't migrate
      readily. Also, once on the skin it breaks down in the body oils really
      quickly. You can't really have much absorption. Of course, you don't want
      to spray it all over yourself, because then it's wet and you WILL absorb it.
      You also don't want to burn anything treated with Permethrin because it will
      give off toxic fumes.

      Really, though, I think it's quite safe. I still use the lighter
      concentration because it's working for me. I don't see a need to use more
      than necessary.

      Shane