Re: [Hammock Camping] Dang!

  • Steve Ebb
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 28, 2011
      Try Ed Speers 8x10 tarp instructions
      http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/Articles/SewTarp.htm

      I made one it cost around $40 for the materials and a few hours learning how
      to use a sewing machine.

      Steve Ebb (mobile phone)
      EMS Coordinator
      Gatlinburg Fire Dept.
      (865) 430-7558

      On Jul 28, 2011, at 9:15 AM, astrosteve_2000 <astrosteve_2000@...>
      wrote:

      I got all pumped up when I saw there was a yahoo group for hammocks! Thought
      there'd be more activity on here. Anyone have a do-it-yourself recipe for a
      rain fly?

    • James Conley
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 28, 2011
        Ed Speer's book has instructions for doing so but I've not made a rainfly. I
        made a hammock using his instructions using a standard sewing machine but
        came away thinking that using a surger sure would've been better. I can't
        justify the cost though since I have no other real use for such a tool.

        --------------------------------------
        James C.
        james.conley@...

        On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 6:10 PM, astrosteve_2000
        <astrosteve_2000@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I got all pumped up when I saw there was a yahoo group for hammocks!
        > Thought there'd be more activity on here. Anyone have a do-it-yourself
        > recipe for a rain fly?

      • debbie briscoe
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 28, 2011
          That's because a lot of us are at hammockforums.net :)

          To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
          From: astrosteve_2000@...
          Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 22:10:41 +0000
          Subject: [Hammock Camping] Dang!

          I got all pumped up when I saw there was a yahoo group for hammocks! Thought there'd be more activity on here. Anyone have a do-it-yourself recipe for a rain fly?

        • sawyer7271
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 29, 2011
            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "astrosteve_2000" <astrosteve_2000@...> wrote:

            > I got all pumped up when I saw there was a yahoo group for hammocks! Thought there'd be more activity on here. Anyone have a do-it-yourself recipe for a rain fly?

            Lots of options for DIY Rainfly's. Hammock forums' DIY forum is a good start, so's this:

            http://www.tothewoods.net/HammockCampingDry.html#DIY