Re: the little dog

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9, 2011
      I have a yellow lab that I been hammock traveling with for 4-5 year now. He sleeps under the hammock but ontop of my hammock sleeve, so we both are in a cacoon of warmth together. While still leashed to the head end of my hammock tie, he comes and goes as he pleases(to guard the fort) and I know moreso when he does because he is connected to the hammock..waking me before he sounds an audible bark. They also double down there as a hobo heater cause thier heat rises! There's video of it on YouTube called "homefree hammock" or you can click http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmYdCrvZJNM
    • EHamilton
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 9, 2011
        That's an innovative solution to the warmth-under-the-hammock problem: Hang it
        low and park a large dog under it. I like it!

        MacGyver

        ________________________________
        From: Aaron spreadthelove777@...

        I have a yellow lab that I been hammock traveling with for 4-5 year now. He
        sleeps under the hammock but ontop of my hammock sleeve, so we both are in a
        cacoon of warmth together.

      • PERRY CHURCHILL
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 9, 2011
          Thanks for all your comments.
          I did try a night with the little dog in a $15 Grand Trunk Ultralight hammock.
          it was ok but the cheap hammock seemed a little small. The dog pretty much slept
          on my stomach or snuggled next to my chest. This was ok but I kept waking up to
          be sure he was alright. I was thinking maybe a better hammock would work better.
          Have been considering a Lawson?? We have camped together in a tent or in the
          back of the car several times and that worked out fine.
          In answer to other concerns:
          The little dog is always in a harness and on a leash.
          I use a Selk sleeping bag (the kind with arms and legs) so I don't have to get
          out of the bag to get out of the hammock.
          The little dog wraps up in or sleeps on a very small down comforter.
          The dirty dog issue is pretty easy to solve with a towel when the dog only
          weights 9# and he is not in my sleeping bag.
          Ticks; I use advantage monthly No fleas or ticks as of yet. We are in the woods
          or desert weekly for the past 3 years, in areas prone to ticks.
          Perry & Winston

          From: Aaron spreadthelove777@...