Re: [Hammock Camping] The Little Dog

  • Rogene Calkins
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 8, 2011
      There was a discussion on this sight I think a few months ago where someone
      made a hammock sling attached under his hammock for a larger dog but a
      Yorkie can snuggle up with you I would think as long as you keep the nails
      trimmed short to prevent scratching up the fabric. If the dog is muddy? or
      dirty and there's no water to rise it off I can't see myself allowing it
      to sleep with me.

      Rogene
      .
      From: Carey Parks <Carey@...>
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, January 17, 2011, 6:36 PM

      See what others say, but I don't think it matters which hammock you get. The
      dog will be on top of your belly regardless.

      Another consideration is do you want the dog to escape without you? A
      hammock with attached bug screen might be a good thing if you want to keep
      the pooch in. I doubt it would jump out regardless tho.

      Be sure you get in first!

      Carey

      --
      http://parkswhistles.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/carey.parks

    • Ralph Oborn
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 8, 2011
        If the dog is muddy? or
        > dirty and there's no water to rise it off I can't see myself allowing it
        > to sleep with me.
        >
        > Rogene

        If the dog is muddy and dirty, then I am probably also muddy and dirty :]

        Ralph
      • Ratsmouth
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 8, 2011
          LOL! When I'm muddy and dirty *I* don't want to sleep with me! And a
          wet dog (even a clean, wet dog) snuggling next to me is something I'd
          try to avoid. Both my dogs sleep with me, but only if everybody's dry.
          I can deal with stink, but wet stink is hard to love. OTOH, if I'm
          tired enough, I can sleep anywhere, with anything. Haven't tried
          inviting my Beagle into the hammock yet. There might be a bit of a
          learning curve there for both of us.

          Ratty

          > dirty and there's no water to rise it off I can't see myself
          allowing it
          > to sleep with me.
          >
          > Rogene

          If the dog is muddy and dirty, then I am probably also muddy and dirty
          :]

          Ralph