Re: The Little Dog

  • nogrhi
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 18, 2011
      I have to agree with Carey about the mesh and the dog on the belly. My additional two cents would be:

      Worry less about size and more about entry / egress method. My Hennessy Ultralight is a great sleep but I would imagine that the bottom entry might be challenging while juggling a dog. I haven't tried it though so it is just a thought experiment at this point.

      Darin

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Carey Parks <Carey@...> wrote:

      > See what others say, but I don't think it matters which hammock you get. The
      > dog will be on top of your belly regardless.
      >
      > Another consideration is do you want the dog to escape without you? A
      > hammock with attached bug screen might be a good thing if you want to keep
      > the pooch in. I doubt it would jump out regardless tho.
      >
      > Be sure you get in first!
      >

      > Carey
      >
      > On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 6:27 PM, PERRY <churchillperry@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Does anyone in this sleep with their dog in the Hammock. I know it's kind
      > > of a DUMB question but I'm trying to figure out which hammock to get that is
      > > big enough for me and my Yorkie.
      > > Perry
      > >

      > --
      > http://parkswhistles.com/
      > http://www.facebook.com/carey.parks
      > http://twitter.com/LuthierCarey

    • Rogene Calkins
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 8, 2011
        There was a discussion on this sight I think a few months ago where someone
        made a hammock sling attached under his hammock for a larger dog but a
        Yorkie can snuggle up with you I would think as long as you keep the nails
        trimmed short to prevent scratching up the fabric. If the dog is muddy? or
        dirty and there's no water to rise it off I can't see myself allowing it
        to sleep with me.

        Rogene
        .
        From: Carey Parks <Carey@...>
        To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Monday, January 17, 2011, 6:36 PM

        --
        http://parkswhistles.com/
        http://www.facebook.com/carey.parks
        http://twitter.com/LuthierCarey

      • Ralph Oborn
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 8, 2011
          If the dog is muddy? or
          > dirty and there's no water to rise it off I can't see myself allowing it
          > to sleep with me.
          >
          > Rogene

          If the dog is muddy and dirty, then I am probably also muddy and dirty :]

          Ralph
        • Ratsmouth
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 8, 2011
            LOL! When I'm muddy and dirty *I* don't want to sleep with me! And a
            wet dog (even a clean, wet dog) snuggling next to me is something I'd
            try to avoid. Both my dogs sleep with me, but only if everybody's dry.
            I can deal with stink, but wet stink is hard to love. OTOH, if I'm
            tired enough, I can sleep anywhere, with anything. Haven't tried
            inviting my Beagle into the hammock yet. There might be a bit of a
            learning curve there for both of us.

            Ratty

            > dirty and there's no water to rise it off I can't see myself
            allowing it
            > to sleep with me.
            >
            > Rogene

            If the dog is muddy and dirty, then I am probably also muddy and dirty
            :]

            Ralph