Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: LuxuryLite UltraLite Cot ?

  • Ralph Oborn
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 7, 2011
      On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 8:26 AM, EHamilton <imagainst_the_wind@...> wrote:
      > Maybe long straps. That's a good thought. As for amsteel..... not being
      > experienced with hammocks and ropes and hangs I'm not sure what it is. Changing
      > my ropes and lines scares me when I don't know what I'm doing. I'm really a
      > newbie at this.
      >
      > MacGyver

      Careful, they will make you turn in your duct tape.... :]

      Amsteel is a super rope that is ultra light weight, google it.

      Or get some of the Mule tape that was offered here.
      A couple of 20 foot lengths with loops tied or sewed into each end.
      (use a water knot or a double double figure eight)

      Wrap around trees as needed to get the spread needed then tie your
      hammock to the straps or Amsteel with a hefty knot or 'biner. No
      modification of the hammock.

      While you are at it look up whoopie sling for an instantly infinitely
      adjustable hanging system.

      Hang tuff, hang tight

      Ralph
    • EHamilton
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 7, 2011
        Thanks, Ralph. I'll look it up.

        My moniker was bestowed on me for my proclivity for making things out of trash,
        not for any knowledge of already-existing technology :-)

        MacGyver