Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: LuxuryLite UltraLite Cot ?

  • EHamilton
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 7, 2011
      Maybe long straps. That's a good thought. As for amsteel..... not being
      experienced with hammocks and ropes and hangs I'm not sure what it is. Changing
      my ropes and lines scares me when I don't know what I'm doing. I'm really a
      newbie at this.

      MacGyver

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 7, 2011
        On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 8:26 AM, EHamilton <imagainst_the_wind@...> wrote:
        > Maybe long straps. That's a good thought. As for amsteel..... not being
        > experienced with hammocks and ropes and hangs I'm not sure what it is. Changing
        > my ropes and lines scares me when I don't know what I'm doing. I'm really a
        > newbie at this.
        >
        > MacGyver

        Careful, they will make you turn in your duct tape.... :]

        Amsteel is a super rope that is ultra light weight, google it.

        Or get some of the Mule tape that was offered here.
        A couple of 20 foot lengths with loops tied or sewed into each end.
        (use a water knot or a double double figure eight)

        Wrap around trees as needed to get the spread needed then tie your
        hammock to the straps or Amsteel with a hefty knot or 'biner. No
        modification of the hammock.

        While you are at it look up whoopie sling for an instantly infinitely
        adjustable hanging system.

        Hang tuff, hang tight

        Ralph
      • EHamilton
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 7, 2011
          Thanks, Ralph. I'll look it up.

          My moniker was bestowed on me for my proclivity for making things out of trash,
          not for any knowledge of already-existing technology :-)

          MacGyver